- October 21, 2018
- Posted by: educasisAdminAZ
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a test designed to assess the ability of candidates or those intending to study or work in countries where English is the language of communication. TOEFL test is owned and coordinated by Educational Testing Service (ETS), a nonprofit educational organisation in the USA. ETS develops and administers the TOEFL test. TOEFL scores are accepted and recognised by over 10,000 colleges, universities and other agencies worldwide.
The TOEFL test can be taken in any of the two formats:
- TOEFL iBT test, which is administered via the internet at a secure network of testing centres around the world; and
- TOEFL PBT test offered only in locations where testing via the internet is not available.
98 per cent of TOEFL test takers worldwide take the TOEFL iBT test as it is desired by universities and other agencies because it measures all 4 communication skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing)
There are four(4) sections/parts in the TOEFL test which are:
- Reading: which lasts for about 60 – 80 minutes with 3 – 4 passages and 12 – 14 questions in each passage.
- Listening: which lasts for about 60 – 90 minutes with:
- 4 – 6 lectures and 6 questions on each lecture; and
- 2 – 3 conversations and 5 questions in each conversation.
Timed BREAK of 10 minutes
- Speaking: which lasts for about 20 minutes with 6 tasks (2 independent tasks and 4 integrated tasks).
- Writing: which lasts for about 50 minutes with 2 tasks (1 integrated task and 1 independent task).
Every test contains additional questions in the Reading or Listening section. These extra questions are being tested by ETS and do not count toward the test taker’s score.
Test takers should note that the TOEFL test (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing sections) must be completed on the test day and there is only a 10-minute break after the Listening section.
The Test Scores (Test Score Reports) are usually available ten (10) calendar days after the test. This reports a score for each of the four skills/sections (reading, listening, speaking and writing), as well as an overall (or a total) score. The TOEFL scores are reported on a scale from 0 (which is the lowest) to 30 (which is the highest) for each of the four (4) sections (reading, listening, speaking and writing) as well as the total/overall score on a scale from 0 to 120 which is the sum of the scores of the four (4) sections. The TOEFL scores are valid for two (2) years.
For Registration and Training/Preparation for the TOEFL test, CALL/WhatsApp US NOW on 08060231877, 08029959599